February 24, 2008

Just Salad

Next time I make this, I'll edit with a picture...

It's simple, and anyone who knows me knows that I enjoy simplicity!

Lettuce ~ I prefer a mixture of Romaine and raw spinach but whatever floats your boat
Grape or Cherry tomatoes
Cucumber ~ sliced, of course
Sliced olives
Kidney Beans, drained ~ I prefer the dark red, but hey, it's optional :)
Chopped Apple ~ I like the Gala in this, but Fuji's have a nice sweet taste, too
Frozen Peas
Raisins
Seeds of the Sunflower ~ sans shell, of course
Bacon bits ~ the REAL stuff
Cheese ~ shredded mozzarella
And the final ingredient, the one that turns this from a side dish to the main course, is....
Chicken Tenders ~ I have made my own, however, when I don't want to do that much work, I
buy the pre-cooked ones that you heat in the oven. Tasty!

Combine all of the above (save for the Chicken Tenders and cheese) in a large salad bowl. Then place the hot Tenders atop it all, and sprinkle cheese over that. I usually serve this with Honey Mustard salad dressing, but my daughter likes it with ranch. And we have either a loaf of French Bread, or a baquette.

Like I said, simple!

And, as it is a salad, you can pick and choose whatever you like to add or take away.

No comments: