March 23, 2008

Easy Corn Bread

DSC_6676 copy
Ok, I admit it, this recipe was taken off the back of the Quaker Corn Meal can - but it's so good and moist I had to share! Plus it goes great with Crock Pot Taco Soup!


1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Quaker or Aunt Jemima Enriched corn Meal
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt - optional ( I never add it )
1 cup skim milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil ( I use Canola Oil )
2 egg whites or 1 egg, beaten ( I've used the 1 egg version when I only have one egg to spare but if you have two eggs I recommend using the whites because it makes the bread much lighter )


Heat oven to 400*F. Grease 8 or 9 inch pan. Combine dry ingredients. Stir in milk, oil and egg, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter into prepared pan (spray with non-stick cooking spray). Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until light golden brown and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm. Serves 9

No comments: