May 2, 2008

Hawaiian Haystacks

Hawaiian Haystacks © 2008 
Ingredients


2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
chicken tenderloins (enough for your family)
4 c. cooked rice (more or less depending on how many you need to serve)
Chinese noodles (chow mein)
green onions , chopped
celery, chopped
tomatoes, chopped
pineapple tidbits
almonds
shredded Coconut
shredded cheese


Directions


Cook chicken till juices run clear.  Salt and pepper (I love to use onion salt) to taste. 
In the pan, chop into bite size pieces.  I do this with my spatula just as the chicken is done cooking because it's extra tender and cuts easily.  Once it's chopped I like to dump in the celery to add a little flavor.  I also like to dice up a small stalk or two of the celery leaves for even more flavor and color!
Pour the can of chicken broth and cream of chicken in the pan with the chicken.  Mix until smooth & warmed through.
Place each of the other ingredients in individual small bowls.  Spoon chicken onto rice then top with your favorite toppings!
My kids like to choose their toppings from the bowls to make each plate individual. 

1 comment:

Amanda said...

tried these and LOVED them. just changed (added) one thing...i marinated my chicken in terriyaki sauce before cooking...)