August 4, 2008

Beef Stroganoff

Beef Stroganoff


Ingredients
  • 2 - 2.5 lbs. cubed, beef
  • 1 pkg. wide egg noodles
  • 16 oz. pkg. mushrooms, sliced
  • 2 cups sour cream
  • 1 pkg. Lipton Onion Soup Mix
  • 2 heaping Tablespoons Better Than Bullion
  • 1 small onion, diced 
  • water
Directions
  1. Brown beef cubes on all sides, add onions and sauté until translucent.
  2. Add water to cover beef then add mushrooms, soup mix and bullion. Cover and cook on medium, stirring periodically, for about an hour.
  3. In large pot, cook pasta according to directions.
  4. Once meat mixture has boiled down to a sauce state, remove from heat, add sour cream and serve over noodles.

2 comments:

Shanna said...

I made this tonight loved it! The Man had seconds ;)
I didn't realize it needed to be cooked for as long as you called for and didn't start cooking till an hour before dinner time. No biggy! The stew beef cooked up super tender in just over an hour. The onion soup mix is sooo good in this!

Murphy's Love - Becky said...

It's one of those things I grew up with, and really just started making a few years ago. (my ex's had very plebeian tastes where food was concerned, so why bother?)From the first time I made it for Murphy, he was insane over it. lol Even my notoriously picky children love it, even the baby, who doesn't want to eat ANYTHING these days! I'm thrilled that you liked it!!!:) Thanks for letting me know;)