August 18, 2008

Cheesy Onion Bread Thangs


This is unusual when you hear the ingredients, but I PROMISE you, if you try it, you WILL love it. It's the first thing gone when I take it to potlucks, EVERY TIME!:)

Loaf of baguette bread (sliced to 1/2 slices)
1 C mayo
1/2 C chopped green onions
1 C parmesan/romano cheese (the grated kinds, like Kraft)

Mix onions, mayo, and cheese
Now, you can juggle the amounts a little to fit your tastes, but you want it to end up as a thick paste.
Heat your broiler.
Top each slice with a thick layer of the mixture and place under broiler till golden brown.

These are wonderful when warm, but even at room temp they are still pretty amazing.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

The Man really liked these and requested that I make them again :) When I wrote out my menu list for the store I failed to remember to buy fresh cheese and instead bought the kind in a can. Next time I'll use fresh!
I wound up with a TON of extra spread though, I think I'll half the ingredients next time - also I used the new Kraft Olive Oil Mayo and it was very tasty!