August 18, 2008

Vanilla Lime Cream Pie

Vanilla Lime Cream Pie 

Yeah, I made up that title! My step-dad made this pie a few years back and it instantly became a family favorite!

1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream (this would be the time to splurge on your favorite brand!)

1 12 oz. can frozen lime-aid

2 regular size graham cracker pie crusts

Limes

Scoop out entire contents of ice cream into a bowl and let soften. I don’t recommend letting it melt completely. Add entire contents of frozen lime-aid and blend. It’s MUCH easier to use an electric mixer & I don’t recommend using a rubber spatula (mine is still recovering it’s shape after being frozen!) Add juice of one lime then mix until smooth.

Pour into both pie crusts, recover and freeze until set.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Shanna, I just found this recipe and want to try it because I have vanilla ice cream and I don't know what to do with it! What size can is the limeade, 6 or 12 ounces?
Thanks.

Shanna said...

12 oz.

Good luck ;)