- 3 ripe pears, sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 325*
- Put butter in 2-quart casserole and place in oven until melted, then remove from the oven.
- Mix pears with 1/2 cup white sugar and let stand.
- Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Whisk together the milk and egg; slowly combine with dry ingredients & remaining 1/2 cup of sugar to make a batter.
- Pour the batter over melted butter, (do not stir). Then spoon pears over the batter (do not stir) and bake for 50 to 60 minutes.
Serve hot or cold with ice cream or whipped cream.