September 14, 2008

Fruit Cocktail Cake

A while back I had a friend bring me some cupcakes with fruit cocktail baked into them. They were really good. I had forgotten all about them until this morning when I was trying to think of a yummy cake to make.

Here's the recipe that I came up with:
1 White Cake Mix
3 Eggs
1/4 C. Oil
1 Can of Fruit Cocktail with the juice
1 small box of vanilla pudding

Mix it all together add the fruit cocktail last and then just mix that in gently so the fruit doesn't get mashed.

Bake in a greased 9x13 pan for 45 minutes at 350.

I just topped it with some fat free whipped topping. I was thinking though that this would make a great poke cake. Poke holes in the top and pour pudding over the top.

1 comment:

Shanna said...

This wasn't as moist as I'd hoped but I like the idea of the pudding. I think part of the problem was my oven. It started to brown long before the middle was done so I had to reduce the temperature to get it to finish baking without burning. Also, I would have liked to see more fruit in the cake - the bits were few and far between...I wonder if a second can of fruit would solve this or make it too gooey???