October 5, 2008

Muddy Buddies

Muddy Buddys © 2008

9 cups Corn Chex®, Rice Chex®, Wheat Chex® or Chocolate Chex® cereal (or combination)

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup butter or margarine

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

1.  Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.

2.  In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon re-sealable food-storage plastic bag.

3.  Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

This recipe can be found on many Chex boxes so I give all the credit to them.  Except for the preparation part, because, you know…I did that.

7 comments:

Tami said...

I love this stuff but I haven't had it in years. Thanks for the reminder about it! :)

Michelle said...

We make this but we call it puppy chow!!! :)

Shanna said...

LOL I've heard it called that too - I debated titling it Puppy Chow but decided that people who'd never tried it would be grossed out by it!! haha ;)

Tiffany said...

That looks FANTASTIC!!

Andy Guo said...

At first I was marveled to see such a blog.Your blog is sparkling. It has a great appeal. How are U able to cope such a lot. Meet me at
http://gwb-chinese.blogspot.com/
Waiting with curiosity. To know your innovation.

learn chinese said...

Thank you very much for sharing.
Through your blog, a lot of people including me of course have a chance to read and learn from.
I have read some of your post and I really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks again and looking forward for more of your posting soon!

Laura said...

I gave you an awrd on my blog today. Congrats.