November 10, 2008

Bow Ties & Sausage

Bow Tie Pasta & Sausage
INGREDIENTS:
1 (12 ounce) package bow tie pasta
1 pound beef sausage (I used Hillshire Farms)
1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I used 1/4 because of the kids – I didn’t taste any heat with this amount)
1/2 cup diced onion
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (28 ounce) can Italian diced tomatoes
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
DIRECTIONS:
1.  Cook pasta according to directions
2.  Cook sausage and pepper flakes until sausage is evenly brown over medium heat. Stir in onion and garlic, and cook until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, cream, and salt. Simmer until mixture thickens, 8 to 10 minutes.
3.  Stir cooked pasta into sauce, and heat through. Sprinkle with parsley.

5 comments:

Julie said...

Looks yummy. I make something similar but haven't tried it with heavy cream...what have I been thinking!

Tami said...

Great picture! It looks so good!

Tiffany said...

That looks so good. I love pasta and sausage - great combo!

Jamy said...

We REALLY enjoyed this! I even liked the sausage (and I am NOT a sausage person). The sauce was wonderful. I think I might have to keep heavy cream on hand at all times now! Thanks for this recipe Shanna! Tyler even loved it! =)

Jamy said...

Here I am 6 years later to say that this is one of our favorites!!!!!