November 4, 2008

Potato Cheese Soup



This is a mock Marie Callenders Potato Cheese Soup.

8 Cups potatoes; peeled and cubed
2 Cups chopped onion
4 Cups chopped celery
2 Teaspoons salt (or more)
4 Cups water
4 Cups Half−and−half
6 Tablespoons butter or margarine
1 Cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Place potatoes, onions, celery, and salt in the 4 c of water in a large
pot. Simmer between 15-25 minutes until vegetables are tender. Put in
blender and puree until chunky. (I like mine with VERY FEW chunks.) Return soup to pot and add half−and−half, butter, and cheese. Simmer until hot. Add cornstarch if needed and simmer until film appears on top.

3 comments:

Pam said...

I love potato soup and this recipe looks wonderful. You can't go wrong with cheese and potatoes.

Tiffany said...

Oh my goodness, you have some fantastic recipes here. I'm bookmarking your blog for sure! Feel free to link to my tetrazini. I hope you like it!

Tiffany said...

I haven't tried the potato soup yet, but I will! Of course you can follow my blog - I'd be honored! I bought my baking stone from Pampered Chef so long ago I can't remember doing it.