- 1 lb. sausage, browned (I used hot)
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can golden hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 can Mexican style stewed tomatoes, undrained & chopped
- 2 14 oz. cans chicken broth
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
Brown sausage and drain off fat. Place in crock-pot. Stir in remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
To freeze: Place soup in gallon freezer bags (double bag). Thaw completely and place in crock-pot, following instructions above.