November 30, 2008

Simple Sausage Pasta Bake

This is so easy, but delish!
What You Need:
1 package of Penne pasta
1 jar of Prego Fresh Mushroom spaghetti sauce
1 package fresh mushrooms
1 Turkey sausage (I like Hilshire Farms)
2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided

What You Do:
Preheat oven to 350*
Boil pasta according to package directions
Chop sausage into bite size pieces
Slice mushrooms, saute'
Grate cheese
Open jar of sauce *grin*

Drain pasta, pour into large bowl. Add the sauce, sausage, mushrooms, and 1 cup of cheese.
Mix well.
Transfer to a 13x9 baking dish
Sprinkle remaining cheese over top
Bake for 35 minutes, or until cheese is browning.
I like to pair this with French bread and fresh sautéed zucchini. It is yummy! 

1 comment:

Shanna said...

Jenna, I made this last night and I have to admit I didn't think it was going to be very flavorful but it was really good!! SO easy (I was sick and didn't want to cook, but you know how THAT goes) and really fast to pull together.

Because I didn't have the energy to do much of anything, I mixed the raw mushrooms and two chopped yellow zucchini into the dish before baking. They cooked up nicely and eliminated a couple extra steps. I used half the cheese (all I had) and just mixed it in with everything else before baking (leaving the cheese off the top). Turned out really tasty!