April 1, 2009

Apple "Stuff"


6 medium apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into bite-size chunks
1 bag toffee pieces (without chocolate)
1 bag mini-chocolate chips
1 bag butterscotch chips
**i substitute 1 bag of toffee pieces WITH chocolate and skip the chocolate chips!
1 1/2 blocks of cream cheese (12 oz.), softened to room temp.
16 oz. cool whip, thawed
1/2 cup brown sugar

1. Cream brown sugar and cream cheese. Then stir in cool whip.
2. Add apples, toffee, and chips.
3. Chill and serve. Keep leftovers in airtight container in fridge for 2-3 days.

Easy peasy!

3 comments:

Liz said...

Yum! I make a version of this that doesn't contain the cool whip--I'll have to try it this way next time. I always get rave reviews and frequently get asked for the recipe. :)

Tami said...

YUM! I've made Snicker's salad before but I've never tried this version. It surely sounds good!

Pam said...

This sounds fantastic. My sister has a similar recipe that I always love to eat.