Ok I'm just going to be honest, here m'kay? None of the kids would eat this the first time I made it because they didn't like the dressing. I loved it, but as we all know, if the kids won't eat it, it's gotta be modified. So? I left off the dressing this time and let them choose a dressing from the store. Lame. BUT they ate every last bite of the salad and they chose a vinaigrette instead of RANCH so I was happy, they were happy and their bowls were empty! Another option would be to use a Honey Red Wine Vinaigrette – to DIE FOR good!
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup distilled balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 4 Clementine/Cuties mini oranges, peeled and separated into segments
- 10 ounces bagged spinach
- 16 oz. fresh strawberries - cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika and Worcestershire sauce. Cover, and chill for one hour.
2. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, oranges and almonds. Pour dressing over salad, and toss. Refrigerate 10 to 15 minutes before serving.