My mom gave me this recipe so I can’t take credit, but these are always a hit with the mushroom lovers!
- 4 8 oz. packs whole mushrooms
- 1 lb. Jimmy Dean Sausage
- 1 8oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- Rinse mushrooms and de-stem. Reserve 12 stems, chop and set aside
- With a small spoon, or the dull side of a butter knife, carefully hollow out the gills of each mushroom. Place mushroom caps in a heavy microwave safe dish and cook in microwave for about 2 minutes, tossing halfway through.
- Brown sausage & chopped stems then drain. Mix with cream cheese and onions. Place all the mushrooms on a large plate, then stuff with sausage mixture.
- Heat in the microwave just until hot, 2-3 minutes. Or, you can store in the fridge until ready to use - heating through to serve.