June 21, 2009

Avocado & Olive Quesadillas

Avocado & Olive Quesadillas

I believe these are being presented as appetizers over at For the Love of Cooking, but I love having light dinners in the summer so I thought I’d give them a go.  They’re much more filling than you’d think and I’ve adapted it slightly to make enough for myself, hubby and my oldest daughter to have two each, leaving enough for the younger two to have one and for them to exclaim, “I’m fuuull...  “

Ingredients

 
1 6 oz can black olives, drained & diced
5 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, &
diced
3 small baby bell peppers, finely chopped (I used 1 yellow pepper and a tomato because I didn’t have a red pepper on hand)
1 Tablespoon cilantro leaves (fresh is good but I already had the dried on hand)
Juice of 1 lime
Salt to taste
Flour tortillas
Mexican blend of shredded cheese

Directions


Preheat the broiler and line a baking sheet with tin foil.
Chop all of the vegetables, & stir together.   Toss with lime juice & salt.

Put tortillas on the baking sheet and broil until pale golden brown.  Turn tortillas over and cover with cheese; broil until melted and bubbling.  Divide avocado mixture among the tortillas, cut each tortilla into 4 wedges and serve immediately.

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Wow! I'm really loving how colorful and summery all of these foods are. I could also sure use something refreshing like this for dinner.