June 11, 2009

Thai Satay

Thai Satay
This recipe was given to me by Jenny, another friend I’ve made here in Texas!
Ingredients
2 lbs chicken
1 1/2 teaspoons curry
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
Sauce
1/4 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/2 cup coconut milk
2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce

Directions
1.  Put chicken in large glass or metal bowl.
2.  Combine curry,and sugar in small bowl.  Add to chicken and marinate at room temp for 5 minutes.
3.  Add 1/2 cup coconut milk and rice wine vinegar to mix and marinate at room temp for 1 hour.
4.  Grill while sprinkling with coconut milk until done.

Quick Satay Sauce
  1.  Cook onion in 1 tbsp oil until softened.
2.  Stir in peanut butter,  soy sauce, 1/2 cup coconut milk, and sweet chili sauce.
3.  Cook gently until smooth and heated through.

Because my kids are nuts for couscous, it’s our staple of choice with chicken!

3 comments:

June Freaking Cleaver said...

I'll definitely try this one. I was looking for an awesome food blog, and yours is it! I picked you as one of my favorites on my blog this week! (shameless plug)

Keep up the good work! I'll be back!

Tari McDonald said...

I really enjoy looking through this blog! Because of this, I nominated you for a blog award here:

http://budget-bites.blogspot.com/2009/06/blog-award.html

After I nominated you, I realized you already have this award. But there aren't any rules against receiving it twice! :)

Pam said...

Looks and sounds delicious. I love Thai food.