August 11, 2010

Zucchini Blueberry Muffins

Zucchini Blueberry Muffins

I haven’t baked in weeks and I was seriously craving some kind of sweet bread, so after a little searching I found these luscious little stud muffins, in bread form, on Closet Cooking and knew I couldn’t live without trying them!  Very moist, full of flavor and bursting with blueberries, the kids gobbled them up … even after I told them there was zucchini in them!

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups zucchini (about 1 medium zucchini) grated, squeezed and drained
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
1/2 cup sour cream
1 egg
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup blueberries

Directions
1. Mix the zucchini, sugar, oil, sour cream and egg in a bowl.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix.
4. Fold in the blueberries.
5. Pour the batter into muffin tins.  I managed 18 medium sized muffins; you may be able to get 12 filled-to-the-brim muffins
6. Bake in a preheated 350* oven until a toothpick pushed into the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.

No comments: