Adapted from Our Best Bites
- 4 cups chopped Romaine Lettuce
- 2 cups chopped grilled chicken (I used Taco Chicken*)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 8 3/4 oz. can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup sour cream (can also substitute Greek yogurt)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ¼ teaspoons salt
Optional: Crunchy tortillas
1. In a small bowl, mix dressing ingredients, reserving a little lime juice to toss over salad to help keep the avocado from browning. Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
2. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, chicken, beans, corn, onion, avocado and tomatoes. Sprinkle lightly with lime juice to keep avocados from browning, and gently mix. Set aside.
3. When you're ready to serve, gently toss salad and dressing. Place the tortillas on the bottom of each bowl then top with mixed salad.
*Taco Chicken – also from Our Best Bites
- 1 lb. chicken tenders
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2-3 cloves garlic, pressed or coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
In large Ziploc bag combine all ingredients and let marinate at least 30 minutes. Cook chicken on grill, or you know, whatever you have and there you have it! Yummy taco-y chicken!