October 31, 2010

Garlic Pumpkin Seeds

Garlic Pumpkin Seeds
I have Kelly to thank for telling me about this recipe from All Recipes.  I’ve never done it because, frankly, I’m too lazy to do all the prep work but the eldest girl-child had a sleepover last night so I took advantage of the girls’ excitement to carve pumpkins and convinced them to collect the seeds, minus (most of) the guts, from their carved creations.  I rinsed the seeds in a colander and removed all the remaining guts, then spread the seeds out on a large cookie sheet to dry over night.  This morning they weren’t completely dry, but close enough to bake.  These were flavored nicely and probably won’t give anyone a heart attack from sodium intake.
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 4 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 275*.
  2. Combine the oil, salt, garlic salt, Worcestershire sauce and pumpkin seeds. Mix thoroughly and place on cookie sheet
  3. Bake for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until the seeds are dry and crunchy.

No comments: