I recently came across the Sisters Running the Kitchen blog and they have some really great stuff on there! This salad practically screamed out to me because I’ve ordered a similar salad at Potbelly’s many times and fall in love with it more every time. Despite some people’s (you know who you are) beliefs that a salad can’t be a meal on it’s own, the chicken could easily be left off with an extra handful of salad on your plate.
Ingredients – Salad
- 5oz. Spring Mix salad
- D’Anjou pears, sliced (or whatever kind you have)
- toasted pecans, diced
- cooked/grilled chicken breast
- dried cherries
- Gorgonzola Cheese
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 1 T sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 C cherry preserves
- 1/4 C red wine vinegar
- 1/8 C olive oil
- ground black pepper
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the vinaigrette ingredients and bring to a simmer, stirring frequently to dissolve the sugar.
2. Simmer the mixture, uncovered, until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Pile salad on your plate & pour the vinaigrette on. Top with pears, pecans, chicken, cherries, pomagranate & cheese on top. I served this with Asiago cheese bread and butter. YUM!