I wrapped each pear with gold ribbon and a Christmas tag, then set them inside a ramekin and put them at the kids’ places to be found this morning. The tag read, “On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree. Since we don’t have a partridge OR a pear tree, how about baked pears for breakfast instead?”. Then “baked” the pears up quickly in the microwave.
You could easily place several in a baking dish and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes, more if you want the pears even softer. I used a melon baller to get the core out without massacring the pear.
- 1 pear, halved & cored
- 1/2 a lime
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoon orange marmalade
- handful of blueberries
- handful of granola
1. Place pears in ramekins and squeeze a little lime juice on each half.
2. Put half the teaspoon of butter in each half of pear, then top with brown sugar, cinnamon, marmalade and blueberries.
3. Cook on high between 2-4 minutes depending on how soft you want your pears. Check after each minute, and drizzle the juices from the bottom of the dish over the pears to keep them from drying out.
4. Remove from microwave (careful they’re HOT!) and drizzle juices again, the sprinkle granola over top and enjoy.