Adapted from: For the Love of Cooking
I didn’t leave enough time to let this sit and “marinate” after I’d mixed everything together but I think it would benefit the flavor of the salad a lot to do so. I’d say an hour in the fridge would be perfect!
Spicy Lime Vinaigrette:
- juice of three limes
- 1/4 cup of seasoned rice vinegar (you can use plain too)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- 6 ounces of Rice noodles, prepared per instructions
- 1 1/2 cups of roasted chicken, shredded (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup of carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup of peanuts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup of green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of red onion, thinly sliced
Prepare the rice noodles per instructions; once cooked, rinse with cold water and drain well. Combine all ingredients, mix well and serve!
This made enough for my family of five and then enough for at least two more adult lunches.