March 8, 2011

Greek Chicken and Sausage

DSC_6454 copy

Simply?  This was just yummy.  No way around it!  During my trip to Florida for my third half marathon, my friend, gracious host that he is, prepared this dish for us one night.  When I ate it the first time, I’d had a “few” drinks so I wondered if it was really as good as I remembered, and while it seems food never quite tastes the same when you cook it for yourself, this was just as good!  I made a few changes from his instructions because I wanted it as simple and quick as possible. 

I served this with a side salad tossed with a 1/4 cup evoo, teaspoon of Dijon mustard, a clove garlic, chopped, and a healthy sprinkle of garlic salt.  Recipe also courtesy of said Floridian friend.

Ingredients

Pre-heat oven to 350*

  • 10 chicken tenders
  • 1 pound turkey sausage (link), chopped bite size
  • 8-10 fingerling potatoes, cut bite size
  • 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
  • oregano
  • 3-4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
  • salt & pepper
  • olive oil
  • juice from one lemon
  • feta cheese

Directions

1.  Place chicken in oiled 13x9 inch dish and sprinkle both sides liberally with salt and pepper.  Now sprinkle with oregano.

2.  Add sausage and lemon juice.  Drizzle with olive oil.

3.  Add garlic, olives and potatoes.

4.  Cover with foil and cook for about 45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

5.  Sprinkle with feta just before serving.

Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

not sure if you check older posts for questions, but what type of turkey sausage do you use??? cant wait to try this, sounds delish!!!

Shanna said...

All comments get sent to my e-mail :). When this was made FOR me some fancy organic sausage was used but I can't find that in my store so I just use Hilshire Farms.
Thaanks for stopping by and commenting!