April 19, 2011

Banana Pudding Milkshake

Banana Pudding Milkshake

I won’t name names, but someone just had to go and mention the fact that they had bought, and fallen in love with, the new banana pudding milk shake Chic-Fil-A just came out with for spring.  If you know me at all you know I’m extremely susceptible to the suggestion of food and I’ve been craving that shake since!  I looked it up on their restaurant site and the list of ingredients is a mile long – some I couldn’t pronounce and others I’d have to look up in a dictionary to figure out what, exactly, it is.

I knew that I could come up with my own version and make it, while not healthy, definitely healthier.  You could also use the fat free, sugar free Jell-O but honestly I don’t want to ingest aspartame any more than I want to ingest some of the restaurant ingredients. 

Ingredients

  • 1 1/2 cups cold milk
  • 1 small package (3.4 oz.) Jell-O instant banana cream pudding, divided in half
  • 8 vanilla wafer cookies
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1 cup ice

Directions

  1. Put milk, half the package of pudding mix, banana and vanilla wafers in blender and blend till smooth.
  2. Add ice and blend till smooth.

This will make two smaller servings or, if you’re like me, one large serving!

Pin It

2 comments:

My Life in Motion said...

This is making me want one how dare you!

I'll post more if you take the pictures lol

Jamy said...

You READ MY MIND!!!! Seriously, I was just looking at some different banana pudding desserts of sorts for Tyler's b-day coming up. He is going to FLIP for this!!! THANK YOU!