April 28, 2011

Oven-Roasted Veggies & Pasta

Oven-Roasted Veggies & PastaThe first time I made this, from Real Mom Kitchen, we had just finished doing circuits with the kids and a friend and I needed something that made bunches of food and would cook up fast – but it needed to be healthy and have protein to fuel our muscles.  Because we’re cool like that.  I was starving by the time it was ready so I didn’t take the time to take a picture, knowing I’d make it a second time the following week.  And that's what I did.

This easily hit the yum-factor, spot-on and was full of flavors from the roasted vegetables and I felt good eating it and serving it knowing all the ingredients that went in were wholesome. Except for the sausage which came from Oscar Meyer but you can be even more awesome than me, and buy fresh turkey sausage or organic sausage & whole wheat pasta or whatever healthful stuff you want!  Me?  I went with white pasta because that’s what I had.  The veggies?  Probably sprayed with pesticides – but I closed my eyes and pretended it was all organic and it was good stuff, Maynard!

Ingredients

  • 1 medium zucchini, sliced
  • 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, quartered
  • 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 1 medium red or yellow pepper, chopped
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • pepper to taste
  • 1 (12 oz.) package turkey sausage of your choice
  • 12 oz. linguine, uncooked

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

  1. Place zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, and bell pepper in a shallow baking pan.  Add the olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
  2. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly brown; stir occasionally.
  3. In the meantime, cook linguine according to package directions and drain.
  4. After vegetables are soft, sprinkle sausage on top of vegetables and bake 5 more minutes or until sausage is heated.
  5. Toss cooked pasta with the vegetable/sausage mixture,  sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.

Did you enjoy this recipe, the photos found here, or Good Stuff in general? Head over to Facebook and like the page!  When you Share a recipe (using the social media buttons below each post) with friends and family you’re helping to make the world a better place.  And it makes me happy.  Mostly it makes me happy.  It also helps me, and all the other food blogs used here, to keep doing what we love doing here; sharing good food.  Thanks for visiting!  - Shanna

No comments: