I started receiving the Better Homes and Gardens magazine back in January, recycling the unworthy issues and dog-earing several pages in others. I’ve managed to keep only two on my shelf at a time and the 2011 BH&G Cookbook Supplement is where I found then adapted this little beauty. I’m determined not to clutter my shelves with these magazines so as soon as I’m done going through and testing the choicest recipes, I’ll be doing my earthly duty and recycling. Unless I decide to start gift-wrapping in magazine pages. Which isn’t entirely out of the realm of my reality.
I served this with baby red potatoes, and after the five of us had had our fill, there was still enough left over for two day’s of lunch for myself.
- 5 oz. Spring Mix salad
- 3 oz.baby spinach
- 10 oz. grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 15 oz. can white kidney beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
- handful of pepperoni slices (about 24-ish pieces)
- 5 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 recipe herb dressing, below
- 1/2 cup evoo
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For dressing: In a screw-top container or salad dressing jar with tight fitting lid, mix all ingredients and shake to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large salad bowl pour in tomatoes, beans, onion, red pepper salad and spinach.
- Toss with dressing and top with blue cheese.
Did you enjoy this recipe, the photos found here, or Good Stuff in general? Head over to Facebook and like the page! When you Share a recipe (using the social media buttons below each post) with friends and family you’re helping to make the world a better place. And it makes me happy. Mostly it makes me happy. It also helps me, and all the other food blogs used here, to keep doing what we love doing here; sharing good food. Thanks for visiting! - Shanna