May 17, 2011

Tarragon Egg Salad

Tarragon Egg Salad

Adapted from Simply Recipes with what we had on hand; aka what I didn’t forget at the grocery store.  We had this for dinner because I love to have sandwiches for dinner.  They’re easy, fast clean-up and little or no cooking is required.  I bought some “fancy” kettle potato chips, had some grapes waiting in the freezer and called this a yummy almost-summer dinner! 

The original recipe called for 1/2 cup of fennel which I wanted to use, but misread when I wrote my grocery list for the week and came home with fennel seed instead so I left it out, unsure how that would turn out.  I’ll give it a whirl next time!

Ingredients
  • 12 hard boiled eggs*, peeled and chopped
  • 1/3 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
  • 1/2 cup chopped green onions, including the greens
  • 1 Tablespoon dried tarragon leaves
  • 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
  • Salt and pepper to taste

* To hard boil eggs, put eggs in a large pot, cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil.  Turn heat all the way down to low.  Cover and cook for 12 minutes Drain, run under cold water to stop the cooking and to cool down the eggs.

Directions
Gently combine all of the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Did you enjoy this recipe, the photos found here, or Good Stuff in general? Head over to Facebook and like the page!  When you Share a recipe (using the social media buttons below each post) with friends and family you’re helping to make the world a better place.  And it makes me happy.  Mostly it makes me happy.  It also helps me, and all the other food blogs used here, to keep doing what we love doing; sharing good food.  Thanks for visiting!  - Shanna

No comments: