June 28, 2011

Easy Crockpot Pork Carnitas

Crock Pot Pork Carnitas

I decided to try carnitas after Kate, a mom in the Meet-up group I joined when I moved to the Dallas area, convinced me I should try them.  I’d never had them before and they sounded so good I was anxious to try my hand at them.  Unfortunately, my first attempt was a sorrowful FAIL.  Just “meh”, the recipe was deleted from my Menu folder and I was hesitant to try them again. 

Then I saw this recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything.  Easy?  Check.  Very few ingredients?  Check.  Something I can put throw together then go about my day until dinner-time?  Check!  These were juicy, tender, full of flavor and will definitely be made again soon!

Ingredients

  • 2 pork tenderloins (about 1 pound each)
  • 16 oz. jar salsa verde
  • 10 oz. can diced fire roasted tomatoes
  • 4 oz. can diced green chilies
  • 1 medium white onion, roughly chopped
  • 1 teaspoon cumin
  • lime

Directions

1.  Place all of the ingredients in a crockpot and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until pork easily forks apart.  Short on time?  Four hours on high will get the job done too!

2.  Shred pork and squeeze lime juice over the meat.

3.  Place pork (don’t forget the saucy goodness from the crock pot!!) on flour tortillas and top with your favorites: cheese, cilantro, avocado, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream and a squeeze of lime.

Did you enjoy this recipe, the photos found here, or Good Stuff in general? Head over to Facebook and like the page!  When you Share a recipe (using the social media buttons below each post) with friends and family you’re helping to make the world a better place.  And it makes me happy.  Mostly it makes me happy.  It also helps me, and all the other food blogs used here, to keep doing what we love doing; sharing good food.  Thanks for visiting!  - Shanna

No comments: