June 30, 2011

Sausage Frittata

Sausage Frittata

I made this back in March and it was so good I knew I had to make it again for the picture I didn’t take the first time!  Fresh, easy and full of protein, for me this is a perfect go-to dinner choice.  I made steamed artichokes to go with it and the kids didn’t make a peep other than the sound of their chewing! 

Ingredients

  • 8 eggs
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 1 pound pork sausage
  • 1 tablespoon basil, roughly chopped
  • 2 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 small zucchini, sliced thin
  • 1/2 white onion, diced fine
  • salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350

Directions

1.  Whisk eggs and water in a bowl and set aside.

2.  Cook sausage through with basil, garlic and a dash of salt and pepper. Drain fat, leaving about 2 tablespoons of the oil in the pan to cook the vegetables in.  Remove sausage from the pan and set aside. 

3.  Add the sliced zucchini and onions to the oil. Sauté for about 5-10 minutes until a little brown; salt and pepper. 

4.  Add the sausage & eggs into the pan. Cook over low heat until the edges begin to get firm.

5.  Place entire pan into oven and cook at 350 for about 30 minutes.

After it is cooked, remove from oven and let sit for a couple minutes before cutting and serving!

Did you enjoy this recipe, the photos found here, or Good Stuff in general? Head over to Facebook and like the page!  When you Share a recipe (using the social media buttons below each post) with friends and family you’re helping to make the world a better place.  And it makes me happy.  Mostly it makes me happy.  It also helps me, and all the other food blogs used here, to keep doing what we love doing; sharing good food.  Thanks for visiting!  - Shanna

No comments: