July 2, 2011

Fruit Pizza

Fruit Pizza

This is one of my all-time favorite desserts!  I made and posted it to Maynard a couple years ago but couldn't keep my hands off of it so I haven’t made it since.  This weekend though, I'll be making it again for our neighborhood 4th of July party and while tradition calls for red, white and blue colors for such desserts, I'm not much for following the rules and far prefer the variety of these pretty colors.  I'm crazy like that.

The dough tends to be easier to work with when it's been opened and been allowed to sit out on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes or so before stretching over the cookie sheet. 

The question here is are you a perfectionist or a get ‘er done kind of person?  The perfectionist (or the person who wants the pretty picture) will cut this into squares then add the fruit to each square, individually.  The get ‘er done’er will toss on the fruit and slice to serve.  Either way will produce a delicious can’t-keep-your-hands-off-it-dessert.  So this step, my friends, is up to you.  I know you like options.  You’re welcome.

Ingredients

  • 16 oz. sugar cookie dough mix
  • 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • fruits of your choice, chopped if needed

Directions

  1. Spread cookie dough evenly over a greased cookie sheet, sprinkling a little flour as needed to help with stickiness.  Puncture evenly with fork to avoid bubbling while cooking.  Bake at 350* until golden brown (about 12 minutes). 
  2. Mix cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. 
  3. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled cookie crust. 
  4. Top with fruit.

Did you enjoy this recipe, the photos found here, or Good Stuff in general? Head over to Facebook and like the page!  When you Share a recipe (using the social media buttons below each post) with friends and family you’re helping to make the world a better place.  And it makes me happy.  Mostly it makes me happy.  It also helps me, and all the other food blogs used here, to keep doing what we love doing; sharing good food.  Thanks for visiting!  - Shanna

No comments: