December 19, 2011

Cran-Stachio Cookies

Cran-Stachio Cookies

The Girl Who Ate Everything offered up this recipe last year and I’ve had it sitting in my “Cookies” folder ever since.  This year, I wanted to send cookies to work with The Man for no other reason than to try out the recipe.  My being “nice” has nothing to do with it.  That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!  The original recipe says it makes about 2 dozen but I doubled the batch and it made 5 dozen.

The simple directions lead you to believe you can be slack when baking these cookies but the fact is, it’s a little bit of trial and error with this step.  My first batch was baked for 8 minutes and came out doughy-looking even after letting them sit on the cookie sheet.  The next batch was in for 9 minutes following the same directions.  In the end I went with 8 minutes in the oven, 2 minutes on the cookie sheet and about 10 minutes on the cooling rack before I was happy with the soft, chewy, result.  My point is, test the first & second batch and taste for texture.  Cook ‘em how you like ‘em!

  • 1 pouch Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
  • 1 box (4 serving size) pistachio instant pudding and pie filling mix
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup dry roasted salted pistachio nuts, chopped
  • 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

  1. In a large bowl stir cookie mix, pudding, and flour. Add melted butter and eggs and stir until incorporated.
  2. Add pistachios and cranberries and mix well.
  3. Drop by rounded spoonsful onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
  4. Bake for 8-10 minutes.

Cool on a wire rack.  Freezer-bag up what you’re not going to immediately eat and store for up to four weeks in the freezer.  When you’re ready to eat, take a couple out and eat frozen or let them sit for a few minutes to soften back up.

No comments: